25 June 2009

Shuffling On

I got a new iPod Nano as a gift for Father's Day. It's silver, shiny and new, with no trace of the wear that had accumulated on the older iPod Nano I've been using for the past three or four years, or however long it was. (And it has twice the storage capacity, which is always welcome.) I'm even beginning to embrace the "shuffle" function (on those rare occasions when I'm listening to music), which I'd always ignored. It's just so much fun to activate it by shaking the iPod ― how could I resist?

But what to do with the old Nano? It still works (more or less), it's just a a bit beat-up, and it's difficult to navigate with half the display gone. As a music player, though, it probably still has a great deal of life left in it — think of it as an iPod Shuffle with a display. (Sort of).

Anybody want it? Click the link on the right to email me. (You won't even have to pay for postage.) I'll be happy to send it anywhere I know it's going to be put to better use than sitting in a mug on a bookshelf in my office.

No comments: