13 January 2011

Bureaucracy

I am the sort of person who enjoys poking holes in a bureaucracy -- mostly because it amuses me, but hey, if there's some way I can put it to my advantage, all the better. Give me the opportunity to find the weak link in a chain of responsibility, and I will exploit that as much as possible. (It's just the way I am.)

I have a tendency to rebel against authority (that gets me into trouble from time to time, but it's served me well, mostly), and if there's one authority I find anything but, well, authoritative, it's bureaucratic authority. Pencil-pushers, file-filers, form-filler-outers — I have no use for them.

I've been quietly mired in both authority and bureaucracy (in more or less equal proportion) for almost the past two years. I've been able to take advantage of the bureaucracy and evade the authority, thank goodness, mostly losing myself in the shuffle of personnel over the past year or so. I like it here, peaceful and quiet, hiding beneath a deflated balloon.

No comments: