07 February 2008

Cactus


My son and I crafted a small cactus garden, which now sits on my desk, in front of a window. I'd been thinking of buying carniverous plants (they're sold in a kit, with everything that's needed and a plastic planter), but I didn't know if they'd work well in the container I wanted to use. (It's a multi-faceted glass container, bought at a tag sale years ago, waiting all this time to be put to some use. The open end is facing the camera.) I'm hoping cactus plants might be a bit more tolerant of the conditions in the office.

It turned out rather well, don't you think?

I ended up with a few too many plants for the container I'd chosen, so I have to buy another, and another large plant for a focal point, and I'll plant the rest today. I think it might be nice to have more plants, when I have my own space.

No comments: