30 April 2009

Found

I found this in a notebook that hasn't been used for a few years. They're notes on a dream I had, hastily scribbled before it faded completely from memory.

I was in an auditorium. There were sets of three seats. I was there to take an exam, I think. I came with a friend, and for some reason he was involved with administering the test.

I sat next to a woman who I got to know. All I remember is flirting with her, I don't remember doing whatever it is I was there to do. She was two years yonger than me.

I know her first name is "Elizabeth," but I don't recall her last name, only that it had something to do with old wealth. I don't even know if she came from old wealth, only that this was her family name.

Later, I sought help in remembering the name. It wasn't "Rockefeller." It might have been "Vanderbilt," but that doesn't sound right. I can't remember.

And now, I wonder if I ever
did catch the name in the dream, or if it will forever elude me.

No comments: