18 April 2009

Library

I got into a conversation with someone, not too long ago, about the relative merits of the Google Books program, and that led to me going to the site for a look at the books I had published. I made limited previews available, ages ago (that means several, though not all of the pages are available for viewing), with the idea that it might somehow increase sales. To be honest, I've no idea if that ever happened, but I have no regrets about having done so.

One feature that's been added since the last time I checked the site (which was also ages ago) is the ability to locate a physical copy of the book in a library. It was a genuine thrill to discover that copies of one of the books that I published ― the books that I published! ― are actually available in a real library! That makes me particularly proud.

(The library that's closest is 119 miles away. I may go and have a look one day.)

No comments: