21 March 2009

More Books

I've discovered what might just be an ideal solution for keeping track of all of the books I've been meaning to read: Next Read. It's an application for the iPhone, designed for ― well, for keeping track of all of the books you've been meaning to read. This ought to be better than the scraps of paper, magazine clippings, and digital notes I've accumulated though the years.

Then again, it may be of no more use than the To Do list I have on my iPhone, which goes ignored for weeks at a time. (The organized method of Getting Things Done has never quite caught on with me ― it may be I'm just not a To Do list person.)

Of course, what would make Next Read even more useful is if it had a function similar to SnapTell, which can identify products from a photo. Or perhaps a method to read UPC codes. I seem to discover most of the books I want to read while I'm buying other books.

If only making it easier to add books to a list could make it easier for me to find the time to read them...

No comments: